[Users] Re: HN System

Daniel Bauer mlist at dsb-gmbh.de
Tue Feb 7 00:22:42 EST 2006

Hi Aistis,

From: "Aistis Zenkevicius" <noc at unix.lt>
> |Behalf Of Daniel Bauer
> |From: "RapidVPS" <rickb at rapidvps.com>
> |> FC is not the only host distribution. I use CentOS 4.
> |> What distro is your Compaq running?  Describe the
> |> problem, including any errors or messages you receive
> |> so that we can help you.
> |
> |it runs perfectly with a SuSE 9.3 or SuSE 10.0.
>
> Daniel, may I ask you if you tried to install OpenVZ kernel and
> utilities on your SuSe9.3? If you did - what problems did you come up?

it was not possible to install the install the rpm, because of the
dependencies for mkinitrd an initscripts. I try today to copy only the
kernel into a SuSE System.

> |The problem is that the Fedora installation tells me that there is no
> |space on device. But I allowed Fedora to use the hole disk. And
> |DiskDruid shows me the full 54 GB.
>
> And how is that related to openvz-users mailinglist?

As I understand Kir first I've to install Fedora for working with
OpenVZ, but I can't install Fedora because it have problems with my
hardware node. So I'd like to find another way to work with OpenVZ. SuSE
was the only distribution which worked with my hn completely well.

Daniel