[Users] openvz and SuSE

Mishin Dmitry dim at sw.ru
Fri Feb 3 08:00:15 EST 2006

On Friday 03 February 2006 15:38, Daniel Bauer wrote:
> is it possible to take another way to work on Ethernet level, because I
> don't want a official IP for the host.
> 1. security
> 2. no need for
> 3. one official IP less for each block
If you have only one or two VPSs, you can use real devices dedicated to each
VPS, but this is not your case. For now, we don't work on Ethernet level  and
you are required to have one more real IP for the block.

I suppose, that from security point of view it is a not big deal, while you
can use netfilter to protect it and additionally all VPSs, because their
traffic goes through HN route tables.

If it is still the problem, you can check Virtuozzo's Name Based Hosting
feature - it allows to use one real IP for multiple VPSs (pop, smtp, http,
ftp)

> Daniel

Thanks,
Dmitry.