[Users] openvz and SuSE

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Wed Feb 1 08:43:03 EST 2006

Which suse version do you have?

Specifically, we do not currently provide suse rpms, but the ones made
for redhat should be OK. Latest vzctl (an utility to control VPSs)
version that fixes initscript to work with SuSE will be released today
or tomorrow.

As for the suse VPS, there is a opensuse-10 precreated VPS template
available. Unfortunately for its networking to work it requires some
stuff from kernel (sysfs support from inside a VPS), and this is off by
default in our kernel. The situation will be fixed with the release of
068 (or later) kernel there sysfs can be turned on/off per VPS. For now,
you need to change one config setting and recompile the kernel to get
opensuse-10 template working.

Our future plans include releasing a custom kernel which is basically
SuSE kernel (all the SuSE patches and stuff) with OpenVZ functionality
added. We will also be creating more suse templates.

Kir.