[Users] Openvz Application

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Wed Dec 27 08:39:19 EST 2006

What I am thinking of trying is:

Virtual machine will handle all internet access (router/proxy). It would have
apache running as a webserver, possibly SMTP server as well. Sites may or may
not be opened to the rest of the world. Maybe testing only on this v-server.
Would likely use the Debian stable cache provided.

Host machine will access the internet using this router, the web through the
proxy with Dansgardian (or would this be on the virtual as well). Running
Debian Sid with patched 2.6.18 most recent kernel.

How do I set this up? Internet connection is ADSL but NOT PPPOEA. Would I
simply move relevant files to the VE?

Caveats:
1. I only have 512m memory, PIII 575mhz junker.
2. I only have one, dynamic IP (but as I said, the ve would use this and be a
router to the host).