[Users] DNS Server on OpenVZ.

Konstantin Seiler list at kseiler.de
Fri Dec 22 13:32:36 EST 2006

On Friday 22 December 2006 18:29, Paul Stuffins wrote:
> the node. I have no problems installing OpenVZ and creating VE's but I
> am under the impression that a VE can not "see" any other VE's on the
> same node, is this correct? I ask because one of the VE's will be

The VEs send all their traffic to the Hostnode. So by default the VEs can
communicate with the HN only. For any other kind of communication you have to
enable IP-Forwarding on HN - usually one does this together with Proxyarp.

By doing this the VEs can communicate quite well because the HN does all the
routing. So there should be no problem with your plans.

For further information fire up a search-engine and ask for "Pseudobridge with
proxyarp". There is a howto somewhere that covers this.

Cheers,
Konstantin