[Users] DNS Server on OpenVZ.

Paul Stuffins paul.stuffins at dephenom.net
Fri Dec 22 11:15:28 EST 2006

Greetings everyone,

I have been using OpenVZ for a number of months in a hosting environment
but now I wish to bring an internal node online running OpenVZ and would
like your input on my plans.

At first I will be running just the one node with about 5 or 6 VE's on
the node. I have no problems installing OpenVZ and creating VE's but I
am under the impression that a VE can not "see" any other VE's on the
same node, is this correct? I ask because one of the VE's will be
running a DNS serverfor our internal network. of the others one will be
running Apache, one will be running Lighttpd and one will be running
Qmail with the other two undecided as yet.

Is this workable with the DNS server on the same node as the VE's or do
I need to being a second node online to run the DNS from?

Many thanks and have a Very Merry Xmas.
Paul Stuffins