[Users] Access Cdrom, reboot and other questions

Romeo Theriault romeotheriault at fastmail.fm
Fri Dec 15 15:46:23 EST 2006

Hi, I have a program which needs to access a cdrom. What is the best way to
access a cdrom via a vps?

On another note, I noticed that from within a vps if I send the command
"reboot", the vps goes down but does not come back up. I need to start it
from the HN. It seems to me that this worked for me a few days ago. But I
recently upgraded to the recently released stable kernel. Is this a possible
cause?

Also, is it recommended to shutdown all of the vps's before doing a reboot
on the HN? I did a reboot today on the HN after installing the new kernel
and got to thinking I probably should have stopped the vps's first. Is this
true?

Thanks for any insight in these matters.

Romeo