[Users] Re: VE using wrong IP for outgoing connections

Jan Tomasek jan at tomasek.cz
Mon Dec 4 18:03:25 EST 2006

Jan Tomasek wrote:
> I just realized that my VEs are is using IP address of HW node for
> connections initiated from inside of VE, except of their own. For example:

My fault! I just realized it was because:

modprobe ipt_MASQUERADE
iptables -F; iptables -t nat -F; iptables -t mangle -F
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

I added those directives to my FW startup script because of VE which is
using private IP range - it is supposed to have access to network but
should not be reachable on public IP (to save IP) because it provide no
services.

Sorry for meaningless mail on the list.

--
Jan Tomasek aka Semik