[Users] Bringing 3 networks together?

Thomas Rasch t.rasch at macnews.de
Mon Aug 28 15:00:25 EDT 2006

Hello,

I have some rather complicated plan on how to setup my hosts, and I
would like to know
a) if its possible at all,
b) if its feasible
c) and how to actually set it up, because I've been working on it for
quite a while but can't find a satisfying solution.

The plan would be:
- all the hosts are in one (and only one) internal network, say
192.168.0.0/24 (the management network)
- all (or most of) the VPSs on those hosts are in another network,
192.168.10.0/24 (the database network)
- some of the VPSs also have external (public) IP addresses (for
example webservers and so on)

I would like to separate the hosts from their VPSs as much as
possible, but so far I couldn't get it to work without giving the
hosts public IP addresses, what I want to avoid.
Therefore I'd really appreciate some feedback on this, if its
possible or a rather dumb question and on how I might get the routing
work (if its not a dumb question... :).

Many thanks for any help and hints!

Thomas