[Users] Problems with Gentoo template creation

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Fri Aug 11 12:31:49 EDT 2006

Ronald Tanner wrote:
> And there is another step in the preparation of the os template which
> needs some explanation. Why do I have to replace /etc/mtab with
> a link to /proc/mounts?
This is because VE root filesystem is mounted by the host system, not
the guest -- and therefore root fs will not appear in /etc/mtab. It will
lead to df command non-working.

If you will replace /etc/mtab with a symlink to /proc/mounts, you will
always have up-to-date information of what is mounted in /etc/mtab.