[Users] How to do ANYTHING with the opensuse template cache?

Markus KARG markus.karg at gmx.net
Tue Aug 8 13:50:47 EDT 2006

> (1) As far as I remember, ssh and httpd are on by default in opensuse
> template.
>
> (2) To enable services from the command like, you can use
> /sbin/chkconfig utility.
> Examples:
>
> /sbin/chkconfig --list
>  will give you a list of all services and their settings on different
> runlevels
>
> /sbin/chkconfig --level 345 sshd on
>  will enable sshd for runlevels 3, 4, and 5
>
> /sbin/chkconfig --list sshd
>  will show you the settings for sshd
>
> Finally, if you want, say, sshd to start without reboot, run
> /etc/init.d/sshd start
I checked sshd using chkconfig sshd and it seems to be running, but I am
getting "connection refused" always. Also I cannot stop sshd:
"/etc/init.d/sshd stop" just hangs, never comes back. As yast behaves
the same way, I start thinking that OpenVZ just is not compatible with
SuSE 10.1. Maybe I should switch to Debian and try to learn about OpenVZ
there?

Thanks for all
Markus