[Users] X11 and vncserver under VPS

Eric L. Sammons esammons at vt.edu
Sat Nov 19 21:13:48 EST 2005

First, let me start by stating I am fairly new to OpenVZ.  Now, last night I
tried to use the pre packaged template for Fedora-core-4-default, which worked
fine, then I attempted to install vncserver + X11.  These installs all seemed
to work fine, I did notice that a new fedora kernel was installed.  Well, at
some point I decided to vzctl restart <vpsid> and it seemed the image started,
but I could not access it via ssh or vzctl enter.  When hardware 0 reboots it
shows OpenVZ starts, but that VPS 101 fails to start.

So any idea how I might set up X11 under a VPS?  Also, along the same note, is
there a good reference on how to build my own template?

Thanks!