[Devel] Update on the new open source panel for OpenVZ 7 - Feedback needed

Paulo Coghi - Coghi IT paulocoghi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 18:17:48 MSK 2020

Hello OpenVZ developers team and community,

I struggled to integrate the C library from the SDK directly on Node and,
for this reason, on the first release I am integrating with the Python SDK
library and managing the communication through gRPC.

I understand that this is not ideal (using Python instead of C), but for a
first release this solves some complexities. And in the future we can
change to the C library, using gRPC as well, so we maintain 100% of
compatibility from the Node side.

But I need a really important feedback from you, mainly from the Virtuozzo
developers:

Do you believe that a new open source control panel will be good for OpenVZ?

I ask this because my goal is to contribute back to OpenVZ, help increase
its community and, at the end, bring more customers to Virtuozzo.

For me, OpenVZ is by far the most advanced and performant way to create and
provide virtual servers, and I don't want to "disturb" the project, but
help everyone, mainly Virtuozzo.

In your opinion, would a new and modern open source control panel for
OpenVZ help to bring paid customers to Virtuozzo and help the future of
OpenVZ and Virtuozzo?

Thanks again!

Paulo Coghi