[Devel] [RFC libvzctl] Add ability to restore @real_start_timespec and @start_timespec

Cyrill Gorcunov gorcunov at virtuozzo.com
Mon Feb 8 05:53:57 PST 2016

On Mon, Feb 08, 2016 at 04:46:22PM +0300, Igor Sukhih wrote:
> On 02/08/2016 12:34 PM, Cyrill Gorcunov wrote:
> >Guys, here is a problem I would like to discuss. For containers transparent
> >transition we've to make monotonic clocks to consider the delta the container
> >has been offline thus userspace applications won't notice the transition.
> >

> Why this functionality done outside of criu. is it workaround?
> Can criu detect c/r monotonic feature and process internally?

This is PCS7 specific feature which requires modified kernel. I don't
want to bring some non-generic functionality into criu.

We've had that named "custom" properties for cgroups which allowed
someone to specify which additional cgroup properties must be saved into
images and restored than (specified via command line option in json
format) but we didn't merge it.