[Devel] [rfc rh7 0/2] Tune cgroups code to do checkpoint/restore cycles

Cyrill Gorcunov gorcunov at odin.com
Thu May 14 04:02:12 PDT 2015

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 01:54:08PM +0300, Vladimir Davydov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 01:28:55PM +0300, Cyrill Gorcunov wrote:
> >  - criu moves restored process tree into appropriate cgroups
> >    (ie @tasks) so that we need to be able to write entries.
>
> Do I understand correctly that criu first restores the process tree and
> only then writes restored processes' pids to <croup-name>/tasks?

Nope. It restores it on demand -- ie read process tree, then once
task with proper PID is cloned and it sits in different cgroup,
then in moved into appropriate. Otherwise if all task children are
sitting in same cgroup -- only root is moved and the rest are
automatically placed into same cgroup on clone call.