[Devel] [rfc rh7 0/2] Tune cgroups code to do checkpoint/restore cycles

Cyrill Gorcunov gorcunov at odin.com
Thu May 14 03:28:55 PDT 2015

Hi! I've had to relax current kernel's restrictions regarding cgroups
code to be able to run checkpoint/restore cycle (note at moment when
second checkpoint/restore executed over previously restored container
the restore procedure stucks for some reason, investigating...)

Still I would love to initiate conversation over the patches.
Maybe someone has better ideas how to handle this.

In short:

 - criu restores cgroups from inside of VE itself, thus we need
   to be able to mount existing cgroups
 - criu moves restored process tree into appropriate cgroups
   (ie @tasks) so that we need to be able to write entries.
   This is dangerous need to improve the approach (but rather
   allowed this operation for a while to be able to test c/rs).