[Devel] [patch rh7 1/2] cgroup: mount -- Disable mounting from inside of VE context

Konstantin Khorenko khorenko at virtuozzo.com
Wed Jun 17 01:34:32 PDT 2015

On 06/10/2015 12:28 AM, Konstantin Khorenko wrote:
> On 06/09/2015 10:39 PM, Pavel Emelyanov wrote:
>> On 06/09/2015 01:42 PM, Pavel Tikhomirov wrote:
>>> Pasha, please consider
>>>
>>> We have ~4 ways:
>>>
>>> 1) Virtualize mounting cgroups in PCS7CT
>>> +docker test will be happy and all docker-in-docker thing
>>> -we don't want patch kernel for it and thus have a lot of non-mainline code
>>>
>>> 2) We can patch docker tests to make bindmounts from CT to DockerCT
>>> instead of mounting cgroups from inside.
>>> +only OUR docker test will be happy
>>> -we will have to maintain our patches for docker test
>>>
>>> 3) We can try to send those our patches for docker test into Docker
>>> +docker tests OK, for other people it will be easier to use
>>> docker-in-docker with PCS7 too
>>> -docker maintainers can say - "Why they need to change their working
>>> code?(Why we don't allow mount cgroups?)"
>>
>> Try to go this route.
>
> Pasha, in this case we won't be able to create privileged Docker CTs inside
> Virtuozzo 7 Containers.
> Do we need this functionality? Why?

Ok, this is a followup on this:

a) currently we don't know real usecase when privileged Docker CT is required inside a VZ CT
   (except for Docker tests). So in case someone knows such a usecase - please share.

b) Because of a) we are fine for now to allow only unprivileged Docker CTs inside VZ CT.

=> we can go both ways 3) and 4) and we'll try both ways a bit later.