[Devel] News about OpenVZ on RHEL7/3.10 kernel

Pavel Odintsov pavel.odintsov at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 06:17:40 PDT 2014

Hello!

Because we want modern userspace with stable OpenVZ kernel. It's
useless install new hardware nodes with CentOS 6 when CentOS 7 coming.
With systemd support we can seamlessly migrate to CentOS 7 + OpenVZ
3.10.

I tried to explain it in more details:
1) We install RHEL/CentOS 7 with OpenVZ 2.6.32 kernel
2) We wait for release OpenVZ based on 3.10 and upgrade our system
3) We got: CentOS 7 + OpenVZ 3.10 with ssooooo long lifetime.

We do something similar in time when OpenVZ 2.6.32 was unstable and
this scheme works pretty fine. But with RHEL 7 we got systemd which
can't work under unmodified 2.6.32 :(