[Devel] [RFC patch crash 0/2] namespace support for net command

Vasily Averin vvs at parallels.com
Wed Dec 3 06:15:54 PST 2014

Dear Dave,
I would like to ask you to take a look and comment this patch set.

I would like to add namespace support to net command.
Currently crash already have ipcs and mount commands that supports namespaces,
however it still had no command to look at list network devices and IP addresses,
related to non-default network namespace. In OpenVZ we have separate network
namespaces for each containers, and we would like to have ability to quickly
get list of netdevices and IPs in container related to crashed process.
Also I believe it should be useful for LXC/Docker containers too.

Mount and ipcs have used -n key to point at according namespace,
however this key was in use in net command. With some doubts I've decided to move
existing -n command to -N, and use -n key as namespace pointer, as in other commands.
Please let me know if it is unacceptable or you have some better ideas.

Vasily Averin (2):
  net -n option renamed to -N
  namespace support for net command

 defs.h    |  1 +