[Devel] Live migration of CT with kernel NFS server

Stanislav Kinsbursky skinsbursky at parallels.com
Wed Nov 28 01:17:15 PST 2012

28.11.2012 02:34, Igor Liška пишет:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to know whether there is any development regarding the topic of live migration of CTs with kernel nfs server running in them. I'd like to implement
> this feature so I'm searching for any progress in this area.

No, there are no such plans for near future. And any assistance are welcome.
But you have to realise, that the task itself is rather complicated.
NFS server has a huge state data to migrate. Moreover, current NFS support in OpenVZ is ugly and will be replaced in major release.
And the whole OpenVZ migration engine in kernel will be replaced by CRIU some day.

> Regards,
>
> Igor Liska

Best regards,
Stanislav Kinsbursky