[Devel] Re: containers and cgroups mini-summit @ Linux Plumbers

Tejun Heo tj at kernel.org
Thu Jul 26 11:15:28 PDT 2012

Hello, Eric.

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 03:42:50AM -0700, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
> - Create a new mount namespace.
> - Create fresh mounts of all of the control groups like I would do at
>   boot, with no consideration to any other control group state.
> - Start forking processes.
>
> The expected semantics would be something like chroot for control
> groups, where all of the control groups that are created by fresh mounts
> are relative to whatever state the process of being in a control group
> that the process that mounted them was in.

No, any attempt to build namespace support into cgroup core code will
be nacked with strong prejudice.  I still think it was a mistake to
add that to sysfs.  Thankfully, procfs is going the FUSE way and I
hope in time we could convert sysfs to a similar mechanism and
deprecate the in-kernel support.

So, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. :P

--
tejun