[Devel] Re: containers and cgroups mini-summit @ Linux Plumbers

Glauber Costa glommer at parallels.com
Wed Jul 25 01:55:15 PDT 2012

On 07/12/2012 01:41 AM, Kir Kolyshkin wrote:
> Gentlemen,
>
> We are organizing containers mini-summit during next Linux Plumbers (San
> Diego, August 29-31).
> The idea is to gather and discuss everything relevant to namespaces,
> cgroups, resource management,
> checkpoint-restore and so on.
>
> We are trying to come up with a list of topics to discuss, so please
> reply with topic suggestions, and
> let me know if you are going to come.
>
> I probably forgot a few more people (such as, I am not sure who else
> from Google is working
> on cgroups stuff), so fill free to forward this to anyone you believe
> should go,
> or just let me know whom I missed.
>
> Regards,
>   Kir.

BTW, sorry for not replying before (vacations + post-vacations laziness)

I would be interested in adding /proc virtualization to the discussion.
By now it seems userspace would be the best place for that to happen, in
a fuse overlay. I know Daniel has an initial implementation of that, and
it would be good to have it as library that both OpenVZ and LXC (and
whoever else wants) can use.

Shouldn't take much time...