[Devel] Re: containers and cgroups mini-summit @ Linux Plumbers

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at canonical.com
Wed Jul 11 20:47:41 PDT 2012

Quoting Kir Kolyshkin (kir at openvz.org):
> Gentlemen,
>
> We are organizing containers mini-summit during next Linux Plumbers
> (San Diego, August 29-31).
> The idea is to gather and discuss everything relevant to namespaces,
> cgroups, resource management,
> checkpoint-restore and so on.

> We are trying to come up with a list of topics to discuss, so please
> reply with topic suggestions, and
> let me know if you are going to come.

I won't be there.  I hope it'll be possible to call in remotely one way or
another.

Topics I'm most interested in right now, beside completion of user
namespace (if anything needs to be discussed there), is syslog
namespace and what to do about loop devices and udev/uevents (devices
namespace?).  Checkpoint/restart is moving along nicely, perhaps only
a progress update and discussion of any limitations?