[Devel] kernel update

Dennis Schridde devurandom at gmx.net
Thu Jul 28 07:36:46 PDT 2011

Hi Alejandro!

On Wednesday 27 July 2011 10:34:00 Hospedaje Web y Servidores Dedicados wrote:
> i have one question, did i need to update to one of those? or im good in the
> 2.6.18 kernel, the last compilation 18-238 is 01 July. 2011

I assume you are using RHEL 5 or a variant (CentOS, Scientific Linux,
Unbreakable Linux, ...). The all use kernel 2.6.18 with lots of patches by
RedHat. So using version 2.6.18 is entirely good and the latest, if you are
using RHEL5. The newer versions of the OpenVZ kernel are for other
distributions, which use more current versions of Linux as a base.

--Dennis