[Devel] atl1 (Attansic L1 Gigabit Ethernet) driver & TCP weirdness

Solar Designer solar at openwall.com
Mon Jan 31 08:03:26 PST 2011

Vasily,

I am impressed by your handling of my little problem report - your
attention, the time you're putting into this, and the status updates.
This exceeds my expectations (as a user of OpenVZ).  Thank You!

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 06:55:27PM +0300, Vasily Averin wrote:
> I've recompiled driver from sources (atl1-1.2.40.3) and it works well on
> 2.6.18-028stab083.1 kernel.

Do you mean that the problem went away with this recompile?

That's curious.  What does this tell us?  Some issue with driver source
code merging with other patches in your released RHEL5 branch kernels?

Thanks again,

Alexander