[Devel] Re: linux-cr: v23-rc1 pushed

Matt Helsley matthltc at us.ibm.com
Thu Jan 27 05:23:02 PST 2011

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 08:18:12PM -0500, Oren Laadan wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I just pushed out a new v23-rc1 branch of linux-cr. This one is
> rebased to 2.6.37, and contains nearly all the patches pulled
> on v22-dev. I only gave it a brief test drive... feel free to
> throw all your ammo it.
>
> Rebasing was fairly straightforward, but I'd feel more comfortable
> with more eyes looking at some code, specifically:
>
> userns [Serge ?]
> sockets [Dan ?]
> cgroup_freezer [Matt ?]

Other than the nit I just sent a patch for it looks fine.

> I skipped PowerPC patches and ARM patches. Nathan, Christoffer -
> can you take a look at those, respectively, and re-post to list ?

I looked at the powerpc patches. The only "difficult" part to
forward-port is the debug register checkpoint/restart code.
It's more difficult because additional debug register support has
since been added to the kernel and those ought to be supported
by c/r too.

I think we'd be better off splitting that out the debug register
c/r code into a separate patch. We can just error ou if it's obvious
that debug registers have been setup. An untested patch for erroring
out is forthcoming. For now I'll let Nathan look into adding the new
debug register support.

Cheers,
	-Matt Helsley