[Devel] atl1 (Attansic L1 Gigabit Ethernet) driver & TCP weirdness

Vasily Averin vvs at parallels.com
Tue Feb 1 05:53:47 PST 2011

On 01/31/2011 07:17 PM, Vasily Averin wrote:
> I believe we have ported this driver incorrectly.

Actually it isn't, seems it was broken in original driver.

ftp://ftp.hogchain.net/pub/linux/attansic/vendor_driver/README
**  AtL1Linux_v1.0.41.0.tar.gz:  This is a version of the Attansic L1
     driver for Linux 2.6.18 released directly from Attansic and sent to
     me September 29, 2006.  I've used the driver and it seems to work,
     although Tx performance with TSO on is dreadful.  I recommend
     turning off TSO (ethtool -K tso off).  YOU SHOULD NOT USE THIS DRIVER.
     USE ONE OF THE NEWER ONES LISTED ABOVE.

I've prepared new patch from last version of sources, please use it instead of
1.0.41.0. On my test node it works well.
Please confirm that it works on your node too, then we'll include this patch
into our official kernels.

thank you,
	Vasily Averin