[Devel] Re: Remote processing of core dump

Dave Anderson anderson at redhat.com
Wed Dec 7 07:32:37 PST 2011

----- Original Message -----
> Hi Dave,
>
> could you please advise is it possible to process core dump remotely?

No, not any more.

Actually I did implement that capability several years ago, where you
could build a remote "crashd" daemon that you could connect to in order
to access dumpfiles or /dev/mem on a remote system.  But it languished due
to lack of interest and the preference/speed-superiority of using NFS,
and so it has long since been deprecated.  The code still sits there in
the sources, in remote.c.

Dave