[Devel] Re: cgroup debug seems dead?

Li Zefan lizf at cn.fujitsu.com
Tue Oct 19 18:11:10 PDT 2010

Stephen Hemminger wrote:
> While running namespace checks to look for dead code,
> I found that debug_subsys is declared global but never
> used in current code.
>
> This leads to the fact that since debug_subsys is never
> used, the whole set of debugging functions is also never
> used.  Is the whole CGROUP_DEBUG config option dead?

No, it's not.

The debug code has been moved from kernel/cgroup_debug.c to
kernel/cgroup.c, but the config and the code is not dead.

Is it a false positive of that check? The pointer to debug_subsys
is stored in an array, and the array will be iterated in some places,
so debug_subsys will be accessed.