[Devel] Boot issues with Fedora 12 + OpenVZ

Nirmal Guhan vavatutu at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 09:22:44 PDT 2010

Hi,
Am a newbie to openvz so pardon me if the question is basic. Am using Fedora
12 with vmlinuz-2.6.31.5-127.fc12.i686.

I upgraded to kernel-2.6.32-bvdeyev.1.i686.rpm using rpm -ivh as mentioned
in the wiki. I followed the instructions to modify sysctl and rebooted.
After reboot, it loads the bvdeyev kernel and goes onto display the fedora
boot screen then it just hangs. I even tried avdeyev kernel with no luck.

I use a pentium dual core and 2.61.31.5-127.fc12.i686 boots up fine.

Any clues on what is happening and how do I fix this?

Thanks,
Nirmal