[Devel] LXC bringup issue on Fedora

Nirmal Guhan vavatutu at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 22:11:00 PDT 2010

Hi,

Am trying to get lenny (latest debian from http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian)
run as a container on Fedora12 with 2.6.32.13 kernel and running into below
error :

lxc-start -n lennycont
SELinux:  Could not open policy file <=
/etc/selinux/targeted/policy/policy.24:  No such file or directory
INIT: version 2.86 booting
INIT: Entering runlevel: 2
Starting enhanced syslogd: rsyslogd.
Starting periodic command scheduler: crond.

INIT: Id "4" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: Id "2" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: Id "T1" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: Id "1" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: Id "5" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: Id "3" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: Id "T0" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: Id "6" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: no more processes left in this runlevel

My config file is as below :

lxc.utsname = lennycont
lxc.network.type = veth
lxc.network.flags = up
lxc.network.link = br0
lxc.network.ipv4 = 128.107.159.180/22
lxc.network.name = eth0
lxc.rootfs = /lxc/lenny-chroot
lxc.mount = /lxc/lenny.fstab
lxc.tty = 1

fstab :
none /lxc/lenny-chroot/dev/pts devpts defaults 0 0
none /lxc/lenny-chroot/proc    proc   defaults 0 0
none /lxc/lenny-chroot/sys     sysfs  defaults 0 0
none /lxc/lenny-chroot/dev/shm tmpfs  defaults 0 0

I googled and found some solutions but none of them worked for me :-( Could
you please help?

Thanks,
Nirmal