[Devel] Re: openvz: Oops in ext4 when VPS starts

Drunkard Zhang gongfan193 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 19:22:32 PDT 2010

2010/7/22 Ted Ts'o <tytso at mit.edu>:
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 05:39:16PM +0800, Drunkard Zhang wrote:
>> I run into a oops when mirgate /vz directory to ext4 lvm under gentoo + openvz.
>
> What were you doing precisely at the time of the oops?  The oops logs
> indicates it was a cp, but a cp of what?  And is this somethign you
> can easily reproduce?

I did: "/etc/init.d/vz start" with vpsid 101 and 109, which from:
http://bb.xnull.de/projects/gentoo/amd64/stage4-amd64-current.tar.bz2
following the guide from:
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/vps/openvz-howto.xml

Didn't change the content of stage4-amd64-current.tar.bz2 yet.
It looks like when "/etc/init.d/vz start", it will cp all files from
/vz/private/101/ to /vz/root/root/101/

The oops allways reproduced yesterday between reboot and kernel
remake, but this morning when I trying to finger out the oops point
using strace, I can't get the oops anymore. Sorry for interrupt,:-(

Maybe distcc caused problem? I used to make kernel... Sorry again.