[Devel] lxc-start: Device or resource busy - failed to remove previous cgroup

Dwight Schauer dschauer at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 17:10:58 PST 2010

I'm starting to get is quite regularly, but not every time:

lxc-start: Device or resource busy - failed to remove previous cgroup
'/cgroup/CONTAINER_NAME'

lxc version: 0.6.3

Cgroup memory controller: disabled (everything else is enabled)

Linux version 2.6.30-bpo.1-amd64 (Debian 2.6.30-6~bpo50+1)
(nobse at debian.org) (gcc version 4.3.2 (Debian 4.3.2-1.1) ) #1 SMP Mon
Aug 17 08:42:50 UTC 2009

This only seems to be happening when the primary started in the
container exits before all child processes have exited.

I've not seem this happen with lxc-stop, only when quitting a "pseudo"
init process.

I've tried destroying and recreating the container, un=mounting and
remounting the given container, none work in that situation. Rebooting
the root-node does correct the problem.

If this is known to have been fixed in 0.6.4 then I'll upgrade to that.

Dwight Schauer