[Devel] global_send_sigint

Sukadev Bhattiprolu sukadev at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Feb 24 19:47:46 PST 2010

global_send_sigint is -1 by default.

If it is -1, we either send SIGKILL or SIGINIT depending on whether
we started "new pidns with init" or "new pidns without init".

If global_send_sigint is explicitly set to 0 by user (--signal is set).
no signal is sent.

Given that we are making restart() available in libcheckpoint.a, would
it make sense to switch the behaviors of 0 and -1 ?

i.e if global_send_sigint is 0, send the default signal (SIGINT or SIGKILL).
If it is -1, then don't send any signal.

That way, applications of restart() (i.e LXC) can simply

	memset(&args, 0, sizeof(args))

and get the default behavior. Now they have to explicitly set to -1.

Sukadev