[Devel] Re: Container for Amazon EC2?

Serge E. Hallyn serue at us.ibm.com
Mon Feb 15 06:39:05 PST 2010

It's been a little while (probably a year) since I played with
EC2, but generally the problem is that you don't have much of
a choice for underlying kernels.  So you can't pick vserver/openvz
kernels, and the available kernels are too old to have containers
features.  As kernels get updated, whether you can use lxc or not
will only depend on whether CONFIG_{containers} features are compiled
in.

It couldn't hurt to write the amazon folks and ask about it...

-serge

Quoting Jun OKAJIMA (okajima at digitalinfra.co.jp):