[Devel] Rebasing to upstream

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Sun Feb 14 03:34:36 PST 2010

Hi folks,

I'm currently working on rebasing the ovz kernel on the upstream
kernel (removing the upstream merges and setting ovz ontop of
the latest merged upstream). The idea then is to rebase frequently
onto the latest upstream kernels.

For now I'm still in progress of serializing the history (beginning
on the first release is git, since I didnt find a better starting
point ;-o) and then rebase it to the newer upstream tags (and
repatching back to ovz release where things get broke by the rebase)
until I get clean tree based on the latest upstream merge.

Once this is done, we can easily rebase to even newer kernels
quite easily.

Is anybody else working on a similar matter ?

cu
	http://patches.metux.de/