[Devel] Re: c/r rebase to 2.6.33-rc5

Serge E. Hallyn serue at us.ibm.com
Fri Feb 5 06:57:22 PST 2010

Quoting Oren Laadan (orenl at cs.columbia.edu):

> Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
> > Quoting Oren Laadan (orenl at cs.columbia.edu):
> >> I rebased the most recent patchset to 2.6.33, and pushed to
> >> ckpt-v19-rc2.10. only x86-32 is (lightly) tested.
> >>
> >> it does not include patches from 1/27 and on. working on it
> >> now.
> >>
> >> please review:
> >>
> >> * arch-specific parts that I didn't screw up anything.
> >> btw, I moved checkpoint code from mm/ to kernel/
> >>
> >> * [dan] network: net/checkpoint.c now uses sock_alloc_file();
> >> there may or may not be a leak of sock_hold().
> >>
> >> * [serge] selinux now auto-generates some include files, see
> >> the changes to classmap.h
> >>
> >> Oren.
> >
> > For x86-64, I needed the following patch.  With this patch, only
> > the fileio and futex tests failed.  Suka is looking into the fileio
> > failure - Matt you might check the futex tests on whatever arch
> > you have available...
> >
> > For s390, I of course still need
> > "fix 31-bit s390 checkpoint/restart wrappers" for compile with
> > CONFIG_COMPAT to succeed.
>
> Ok, fixed, and pushed to ckpt-v19-rc2.10.
> If this is more or less ok, I'll change it to ckpt-v19-rc3 :)

My git tree isn't happy with whatever rebasing you did.  Can
you push a ckpt-v19-rc2.11 tag or just ckpt-v19-rc3?

I haven't looked at the selinux issue at all yet btw, and I'd
like to hear if anyone has figured out the issue with a pipe
being treated as Unlinked file in the robust futex testcase.
Matt?

-serge