[Devel] pidns memory leak

Daniel Lezcano dlezcano at fr.ibm.com
Fri Oct 2 05:27:04 PDT 2009

Hi,

I am facing a problem with the pid namespace when I launch the following
lxc commands:

lxc-execute -n foo sleep 3600 &
ls -al /proc/$(pidof lxc-init)/exe && lxc-stop -n foo

All the processes related to the container are killed, but there is
still a refcount on the pid_namespace which is never released.
That can be verified in /proc/slabinfo. Running a test suite with
thousand of tests quickly exhaust the memory and the oom killer is
triggered.

Reproduced with a 2.6.31 vanilla kernel on i686 and x86_64 architecture.

Thanks
   -- Daniel