[Devel] Re: [BUG] net_cls: Panic occured when net_cls subsystem use

jamal hadi at cyberus.ca
Sat May 30 16:08:53 PDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-05-30 at 16:00 +0200, Jarek Poplawski wrote:
> On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 09:31:37AM -0400, jamal wrote:
> > What were you suggesting to change in cls_group to avoid this oops?
>
> I think checking the head (tp->root) for NULL like in cls_fw or
> cls_route should work.

IMHO that is a workaround for the tp linking bug
[IOW, there is no need to check for tp->root == NULL (in the fast path)
if such an illegal tp was never linked to begin with (on the slow
path)].

So those classifiers you point to need to be fixed afterwards (but
not -stable material).
My thinking of fixing them to do proper init/get as well later.

> Anyway, it's worked for other classifiers like this for some time...

Would you agree that it is/was a bandaid?
Or maybe you have some other fear that this may break something else and
prefer the workaround instead?

cheers,
jamal