[Devel] Re: bugs with ckpt-v15-dev

Serge E. Hallyn serue at us.ibm.com
Mon May 18 14:10:42 PDT 2009

Quoting Nathan Lynch (ntl at pobox.com):
> Last commit is ed3b275 "allow error string during checkpoint while
> holding a spinlock".
>
> # bash -c 'exec <&- >&- 2>&- ; while : ; do : ; done' &
> [1] 2269
> # ckpt $! > /tmp/bash.ckpt
>
> BUG: sleeping function called from invalid context at mm/slub.c:1595

Yeah, not only does ckpt_write_err() get called under task_lock, but
the fn returns without ver doing put_task_struct.  (I'd generate and
send the quick trivial patch, but my git tree is in a bit of a debugme
state right now)

Now mind you this shows that your ckpt program isn't sending
CHECKPOINT_SUBTREE with flags.  This in turns means you are probably
not using the ckpt-v15-dev version of user-cr, and if that is
the case it makes your problems with gconf shared file mapping more
suspect ask well...?

-serge