[Devel] Re: BUG in tty_open when using containers and ptrace

Sukadev Bhattiprolu sukadev at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Jul 13 23:49:05 PDT 2009

Grzegorz Nosek [root at localdomain.pl] wrote:
| Simply run it as container init. Sometimes it oopses immediately,

I am trying to reproduce this too and just trying to make sure I get
your environment correctly.  I have just built/installed libvirt 0.6.5
on Ubuntu 9.04.

The bug does require libvirt+kvm right ?  IOW, does this simple test repro
if it is run as a container-init with say lxc-start (i.e from liblxc - see
http://lxc.sourceforge.net/) ? Another simpler way to create container-init
is the ns_exec program - I assume that won't create the problem ?

Also in an earlier mail you mentioned that disabling the 'newinstance'
mount option to devpts did not help. So does your setup work with older
kernels like 2.6.28 ?