[Devel] nsgroup autoremoving

Daniel Lezcano daniel.lezcano at free.fr
Fri Jan 16 02:23:02 PST 2009

Hi,

While trying to unshare a namespace with the clone syscall with an
inifinite loop, I got an EEXIST.
That looks weird to have such syscall returning EEXIST ... :)

After investigating, it appears the ns_cgroup creates automatically a
control group named with the pid number when we call the clone syscall
with a namespace parameter and when the namespace exits, the control
group is not automatically removed. So when the pid numbers are recycled
we conflict with a previous ns_cgroup name and the clone fails.

IMHO, if the nsgroup is automatically created, it should automatically
destroyed, otherwise what will happen to application using the
namespaces (eg. mount namespace) wrote before nsgroup appeared ?

Thanks.
  -- Daniel