[Devel] Re: Question for remount

KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki kamezawa.hiroyu at jp.fujitsu.com
Mon Feb 23 15:57:24 PST 2009

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 10:32:46 +0800
Li Zefan <lizf at cn.fujitsu.com> wrote:

> KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki wrote:
> > Paul Menage さんは書きました:
> >> Yes, definitely. But shouldn't that happen already?
> >> cgroup_show_options() reports the current value of
> >> root->release_agent_path in /proc/mounts. Is it possible that mount is
> >> actually storing/retrieving this information in /etc/mtab, which
> >> doesn't get updated?
> >>
> > Ah, you're right. /proc/mounts is updated but /etc/mtab is not updated.
> > Hmm..from man mount(1), /etc/mtab is not synchronized with /proc/mounts.
> > Do we need to allow release_agent override at remount ?
> >

> Since we've allowed this behavior, I think we shouldn't disallow it to
> supprise users?

In a bit different stroy, it already surprises a user (me).
for example)

#mount -t cgroup none /cgroups -ocpu,release_agent=hogehoge
#mount -oremount,cpuacct /cgroups,release_agent=xxxx
=> remount fails. because the option "release_agent" appears twice.

#mount -t cgroup none /cgroups -ocpu,release_agent=hogehoge
#mount -t cgroup none /cgroups -oremount,cpuacct /cgroups,release_agent=xxxx
=> remount success.

At least, updating documentation to notice this is necessary I think.

-Kame