[Devel] Re: [cgroup or VFS ?] WARNING: at fs/namespace.c:636 mntput_no_expire+0xac/0xf2()

Li Zefan lizf at cn.fujitsu.com
Thu Feb 12 22:31:12 PST 2009

Li Zefan wrote:
> Al Viro wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 01:09:17PM +0800, Li Zefan wrote:
>>
>>> I ran following testcase, and triggered the warning in 1 hour:
>>>
>>> thread 1:
>>> for ((; ;))
>>> {
>>>         mount --bind /cgroup /mnt > /dev/null 2>&1
>>>         umount /mnt > /dev/null 2>&1
>>> }
>>>
>>> tread 2:
>>> for ((; ;))
>>> {
>>>         mount -t cgroup -o cpu xxx /cgroup > /dev/null 2>&1
>>>         mkdir /cgroup/0 > /dev/null 2>&1
>>>         rmdir /cgroup/0 > /dev/null 2>&1
>>>         umount -l /cgroup > /dev/null 2>&1
>>> }
>> Wow.  You know, at that point these redirects could probably be removed.
>
> Ah, yes.
>
>> If anything in there ends up producing an output, we very much want to
>> see that.  Actually, I'd even make that
>> 	mount --bind /cgroup/mnt || (echo mount1: ; date)
>> etc., so we'd see when do they fail and which one fails (if any)...
>>
>> Which umount has failed in the above, BTW?
>>

> the first one sometimes failed, and the second one hasn't failed:

Just triggered the warning at about:
	Fri Feb 13 14:26:03 CST 2009

But both 2 threads were not failing at that time:

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /cgroup,
       dmesg | tail  or so

mount1
Fri Feb 13 14:25:21 CST 2009
umount: /mnt: not mounted
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /cgroup,

mount1
Fri Feb 13 14:26:32 CST 2009
umount: /mnt: not mounted
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /cgroup,