[Devel] Re: [cgroup or VFS ?] WARNING: at fs/namespace.c:636 mntput_no_expire+0xac/0xf2()

Li Zefan lizf at cn.fujitsu.com
Wed Feb 11 22:33:04 PST 2009

>>> Sure, I'll write a C version and try to reproduce the warning.
>>>
>> Unfortunately, the C equivalent can't reproduce the warning, I've run the
>> test for the whole night. :( While using the script, often I can trigger
>> the warning in several mins.
>
> Ho-hum...  I wonder if we are hitting cgroup_clone() in all that fun...

I don't think so, I think cgroup_clone() will be called only if namespace is
used, like clone(CLONE_NEWNS). Even if cgroup_clone() gets called, it will
return before doing any vfs work unless the ns_cgroup subsystem is mounted.

int cgroup_clone(struct task_struct *tsk, struct cgroup_subsys *subsys,
							char *nodename)
{
	mutex_lock(&cgroup_mutex);
 again: