[Devel] Re: cgroup mount point

KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki kamezawa.hiroyu at jp.fujitsu.com
Mon Feb 2 19:15:24 PST 2009

On Mon, 02 Feb 2009 16:54:58 -0600
"Chris Friesen" <cfriesen at nortel.com> wrote:

> Thadeu Lima de Souza Cascardo wrote:
>
> > Linux Documentation is not consistent and have some funny options. In
> > Documentation/cgroups/*, we have:
>
> > So, we have some more options now: /cgroups, /containers, /dev/cpuset,
> > /dev/cpuctl, /opt/cgroup, /opt/cpuset.
> >
> > I am copying the container and the kernel guys. Perhaps, we can find an
> > agreement (if we want to find one at all) and change all that
> > Documentation to get consistent.
>
> I'd vote for "cgroups" or "containers", mounted at / or /sys/.

me, too.

But single mount point just assumes "all necessary subsystems are mounter at once"
So,
    /cgroup/<subsys>/       #this cannot handle multiple subsyses.
    or
    /cgroup/some_nick_name  #just depends on users.

Hmm. Making documentation to use the same mount point is not so bad. But in real
usage, cgroup's mount point seems case-by-case.
If libcgroup or libvirt shows some policy, it's good for users.

  /cgroup/<libcgroup's grouping nick name>/ ...

or some.

Thanks,
-Kame