[Devel] Re: containers mini-summit @ Linux Symposium

Serge E. Hallyn serue at us.ibm.com
Wed Feb 11 17:25:00 PST 2009

Quoting Kir Kolyshkin (kir at openvz.org):
> What about organizing containers mini-summit during (now Montreal) Linux
> Symposium 2009, similar to what we did last year? Do you think we should
> meet and discuss our plans for the upcoming year, check the progress and
> try to find ways around major obstacles?
>
> If people think it makes sense I will start mocking up a proposal.

Hey,

I don't think I'll be able to make it.  So I would selfishly suggest
that we try to find a conference later in the year (like the
linux foundation september conference) to have it at :)

But i suppose in order to come up with the best venue (and help
decide if it's better to have a summit sooner or later), we should
collect the following info:

Who will be at OLS this year?

What issues do we put on the agenda?  Are there things we should be
discussing now to make progress, or are there more things on which
we have more to do before we talk (which is mainly how I feel about
checkpoint/restart at this point, which I guess is why I don't feel
much urgency).

What other conferences do people plan to attend over the next year?

-serge