[Devel] Re: [Test Result] I/O bandwidth Control by dm-ioband - partition-based environment

Munehiro Ikeda m-ikeda at ds.jp.nec.com
Fri Aug 28 08:58:57 PDT 2009

Hello Dong-Jae,

Dong-Jae Kang wrote, on 08/26/2009 09:46 PM:
> Hi Ryo
>
> I attached new test result file(ioband-partition-based-evaluation.xls)in
> this mail.
> In this time, it is not virtualization environment.
> I evaluated partition-based use cases before I do it in vitualization
> environment.
> because I think the two cases are smilar each other.
>
> The detailed information about the evaluation can be referred in attached
> file.
>
> If you have any questions or comments after examine it,
> please give me your opinion.
>
> Thank you.

Good work.
Please let me ask silly questions.

(1) About what "target" means
I guess "device" means writing to device files directly
(--filename=/dev/mapper/ioband1)
and "directory" means mounting these device files and writing to some directory
on the filesystem
(--filename=/mnt/ioband1/test.dat, I'm assuming mount /dev/mapper/ioband1 on
/mnt/ioband1),
am I wright?

(2) Conditions  in RDF sheet
Conditions in sheet "RDF" and "RBF" are same but results are slightly different.
Should "Mode" in RDF sheet be "Direct"?

Regards,
Muuhh

--