[Devel] Re: [Test Result] I/O bandwidth Control by dm-ioband - partition-based environment

Dong-Jae Kang baramsori72 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 03:24:56 PDT 2009

Hi Ryo
I attached new file that includes I/O total bandwidth of evaluation system.
We tested total bandwidth of weight policy by I/O in Dom0 and DomU system
and it is measured through iostat tool and dm-ioband debug patch which I
gave you several months ago.
Of course, the result in prior report was measured by dm-ioband debug patch.

As a result, the big difference in prior report derives from the location
where we measured I/O bandwidth
iostat counts it in application level and dm-ioband debug patch does it in
dm-ioband controller.
I think the difference is related with buffer cache.

Thank you.
Have a nice weekend

--
Best Regards,