[Devel] Status of vzdump

Dr. Lars Hanke info at microsult.de
Tue Aug 4 03:54:11 PDT 2009

Hi there,

I'm currently adapting vzdump to my backup requirements, which includes
some major new features. See also this thread:
http://forum.openvz.org/index.php?t=rview&th=7653 .

I searched the web until my fingers bled, but there does not seem to be
any kind of active repository nor anyone feeling actually responsible as
a maintainer. Is this correct?

My ongoing work is inside a repository on github currently called
vzbackup in order to avoid confusion with any potential official
repository. But, if such does not exist, I'd rename it to vzdump and
would work on version 2 -- and as a matter of fact would maintain it,
until anyone else volunteered.

BTW: I manage my node using a bash script, which checks all the bean
limits with respect to failures and with respect to the recommendations
given in the Wiki. In case of any errors, it proposes new settings as a
complete commandline. Is this of interest for publishing, and if so, where?

Looking forward for comments,
 - lars.